Davido (born 21 November 1992) whose real name is David Adedeji Adeleke, is a Nigerian-American singer, songwriter, and record producer. He is considered one of the most influential artists in Africa.
- Full Name: David Adedeji Adeleke
- Age: 28 years (2020)
- Date of Birth: November 21st, 1992
- Place of Birth: Atlanta, Georgia, United States.
- Spouse: Chioma
- Net Worth: $10 million
- Nationality: Nigerian, American
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Davido
1. He was born on the 21st of November 1992 in Atlanta, Georgia, United States. He is 28 years old as of 2020. He celebrates his birthday on November 21st every year.
2. After the release of “Dami Duro,” the second single from his debut studio album Omo Baba Olowo, he became popular (2012).
3. In 2019, New African magazine named Davido one of the Top 100 most influential Africans.
4. He went to the British International School in Lagos, Nigeria, before returning to the United States to study business administration at Oakwood University in Alabama at the age of 16.
5. Davido is the father of three children. He is engaged to Chioma, his third child’s mother.
6. He signed a record deal with Sony’s RCA Records in July 2016. He released the 5-track EP Son of Mercy in October 2016, which featured the singles “Gbagbe Oshi,” “How Long,” and “Coolest Kid in Africa.”
7. He had a string of hit singles between 2013 and 2015, and in January 2016, he signed a record deal with Sony Music. He then founded the Davido Music Worldwide (DMW) record label, which has signed acts including Dremo, Mayorkun, and Peruzzi.
8. Davido released his second studio album A Good Time in November 2019 and released his third studio album A Better Time, on 13 November 2020.
9. In July 2015, he graduated from Babcock University with a degree in music after his father paid the university to start a music department for an inaugural class of one student.
10. He has an estimated net worth of $10 million which he has earned as a musician.