Jeffrey Preston Bezos is an American business magnate, media proprietor, and investor. Bezos is the founder and CEO of the multinational technology company Amazon.
Jeff Bezos Facts
- Full Name: Jeffrey Preston Bezos
- Age: 57 years (2021)
- Date of Birth:12th of January 1964
- Place of Birth: Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
- Spouse: N/A
- Net Worth: $198.9 billion USD
- Nationality: American
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Jeff Bezos
- He started his first business when he was in high school.
- Bezos worked on Wall Street in the early 1990s.
- Bezos almost named his company Cadabra instead of Amazon.
- He owns the Washington Post.
- The billionaire also runs his own privately funded rocket ship company, Blue Origin.
- Jeff Bezos was interested in engineering as a child.
- His biological father was once a circus performer.
- His mother, Jacklyn Bezos, gave birth to him when she was a teenager.
- Bezos has also made significant contributions towards various causes at different points of his successful career. To help the needy during the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, Bezos donated $100 million to Feed America, a non-profit organization that runs food pantries across the country.
- At a time when economies are reeling from the pandemic and many firms have gone out of business, Bezos’s fortune has risen by $24 billion. In fact, Amazon hired around 175,000 additional workers between March and April 2020. The growth has been attributed to the rise in demand of online delivery for household products during the pandemic.