Melinda Ann Gates (born 15 August 1964) is the ex-wife to an American billionaire, Bill Gates better known for her philanthropic works.
Melinda Gates Facts
- Full Name: Melinda Ann Gates
- Age: 56 years (2021)
- Date of Birth: August 15th, 1964
- Place of Birth: Dallas, Texas, United States.
- Net Worth: $2.4 billion
- Nationality: American
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Melinda Gates
- She studied both Computer Science and Economics at the Duke University.
- She co-founded the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation which is worth over $50 billion and has helped the health sector of more than $130 billion.
- Melinda Gates received the Presidential Medal of Freedom from Barack Obama in 2016. This is the highest honor a US civilian can get.
- According to Forbes Magazine, she is one of the most powerful women in the world.
- The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation donated $1.75 billion during the 2020 coronavirus pandemic.
- She has planned to give a large chunk of her fortune to charity.
- Her dad was an Apollo program engineer and was lucky to watch lots of rocket launches.
- She has been a lover of Technology since her childhood days.
- Melinda never planned to work at Microsoft. She was going for IBM when a recruiter changed her mind and she opted her the company.
- She got married to Bill Gates in 1994 and the marriage ended in 2021.