Vitaly Dmitriyevich also known as “Vitalik” Buterin (born 31 January 1994) is a Russian-Canadian programmer and writer who is best known as one of the co-founders of Ethereum.
Vitalik Buterin Facts
- Full Name:Vitaly Dmitriyevich
- Age: 27 years (2021)
- Date of Birth: January 31st, 1994
- Place of Birth: Kolomna, Russia
- Net Worth: $100 million
- Nationality: Russian and Canadian
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Vitalik Buterin
- He is the co-founder of Ethereum, which as at the time this post was published, is the second-largest cryptocurrency by market value after Bitcoin.
- In May 2021, Buterin became the youngest crypto billionaire when his Etheruem holdings surpassed $1 billion in value.
- He learned about Cryptocurrency and Bitcoin from his father when he was just 17 years old.
- He attended the University of Waterloo but later dropped out.
- Asides from co-founding Ethereum, he also was a founding member of Bitcoin Magazine.
- In June 2017, it was reported that Buterin was involved in a fatal car accident and this led to the rumor of his death which turned out to be false.
- Apart from being a programmer, he is also a writer and while writing for Bitcoin Magazine he was paid 5 BTC per article.
- As a child, he was identified as a gifted kid and was moved out of his regular class.
- He wrote the Ethereum Whitepaper at the age of 19 which was a modified version of Bitcoin.
- The billionaire was a recipient of the Thiel Fellowship grant which was about $100,000. It was because of this grant, he dropped out of his school, The University of Waterloo.