Wizkid (born 16 July 1990) whose real name is Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun is a popular Nigerian singer and songwriter that is considered one of Africa’s biggest artists.
- Full Name: Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun
- Age: 30 years (2020)
- Date of Birth: July 16th, 1990
- Place of Birth: Surulere, Lagos, Nigeria.
- Net Worth: $4 million
- Nationality: Nigerian
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Wizkid
1. He was born on the 16th of July 1990 in Surulere, Lagos, Nigeria. He is 30 years old as of 2020. He celebrates his birthday on July 16th every year.
2. He started recording music when he was 11 years old and went on to release a collaboration album with the Glorious Five, a group he founded with a couple of his church friends.
3. In 2009, Wizkid signed a record deal with Empire Mates Entertainment (E.M.E).
4. He gained popularity after the release of “Holla at Your Boy,” the lead single from his debut studio album, Superstar (2011).
5. Wizkid rose to prominence after collaborating with Drake on the global hit “One Dance,” which charted at number one in 15 countries, including the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia.
6. He was featured on Beyoncé’s album The Lion King: The Gift in 2019 on the collaboration “Brown Skin Girl,” which won him a Grammy Award for Best Music Video.
7. With over 3.4 billion streams across all credits, Wizkid is currently the most-streamed Nigerian artist of all time on Spotify. The majority of the credit goes to Drake’s song One Dance, in which he was featured.
8. With three separate women, he has three sons. Boluwatife Balogun (born 13 May 2011), Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun Jr (born 15 January 2016), and Zion Ayo Balogun (born 28 October 2017) .
9. Wizkid signed a multi-album worldwide record contract with RCA Records, a Sony Music subsidiary, in 2017, according to Billboard.
10. He has an estimated net worth of $4 million which he has earned as a musician.