Zodwa Wabantu Facts
- Full Name: Zodwa Rebecca Libram
- Age: 35 years (2020)
- Date of Birth: October 30th, 1985
- Place of Birth: Soweto, South Africa
- Net Worth: $1.3 million
- Nationality: South African
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Zodwa Wabantu
1. Zodwa Wabantu was born on the 30th of October 1985 in Soweto, South Africa. She is 35 years old as of 2020 and always celebrate her birthday on October 30th every year.
2. She was orphaned at a young age and grew up in Soweto under the maternal protection of her grandmother and aunt. Zodwa had no idea who her father was.
3. Zodwa worked as a debt collector before becoming successful, and she now has a distinct style in the entertainment industry.
4. She’s known for her “nearly nude beauty and liberal viewpoints,” as well as partying in the local nightlife and dance party scene.
4. She is the proud mother of Vuyo, a son she welcomed into her family in 2006.
5. She has an estimated net worth of $1.3 million which she has earned as a dancer.
6. The Zimbabwean Tourism Authority booked Zodwa to play at the Harare International Carnival in 2017. The Tourism Authority had given her warning a month before, instructing her to perform wearing her underwear.
7. Ntobeko Linda was Zodwa’s boyfriend. In 2019, the pair agreed to move their engagement to the next level. She gave her twenty-four-year-old boyfriend a rose gold ring worth R5 217 when she proposed to him.
8. The dancer also purchased an R47 826 engagement ring for herself. Zodwa’s engagement ring was a rose gold morganite and diamond ring that she had custom designed. The couple dated for six years but were unable to exchange wedding vows due to a scheduling conflict.
9. She was barred from a Zimbabwean carnival in 2017 after officials received concerns that she would “tarnish” the country’s name.
10. The local singer is a self-described “pantyless dancer,” and her steps have made her a slew of fans. Her vosho moves have made her a “star draw” in a number of South African nightclubs.